Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why do we not want to grow up?



This post is dedicated to all those who have kept the fun little kid inside them alive.

At times I think Peter Pan was lucky not having to grown up. I don't know about you, but I have been told the words 'grow up' for years now. There is something about growing up that is just not right. I mean what exactly is growing up, I'm sure there is more than a physical inclination here. I may need to grow up according to 'people', but I have seen others going throw the same annoying request to grow up as me. The difference between me and them for starters I know they have a job, some married and some even have kids and yet are not grown up? This is where the confusion starts, job, spouse/s is and kids to me seem like things grown up would do. Nope, 'people' are not happy with this much. To be a grown up you need to be sad, depressed, stressed out, have your hair turn white, have troubles at the office, arguments with your partner, comment ridiculously about everything on TV, judge people by what they appear to be than who they really are, fake being happy and most important of all not have any real FUN! 

If being a grown up means having the zest of life sucked out of me, I hand in my apology I am never growing up! I will do the things I have to do, live life the way it is supposed to be and enjoy myself.

If life is all about long term future plans, savings, retirement, pension and hip replacement then obviously who would want to grow up? Just remember you can still do that and do things you like, party all night or sleep till noon someday.

I would like to leave you with the words of a famous Indian movie personality Prem Chopra, (not framed exactly)... I have seen the world of grown-ups, it’s not that good, and it is these grown-ups who make me not want to grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment